FTS INITIAL course Phase 1+2
Fuel Tank Safety
- The course is intended for personnel of Phase 1+2:
- Phase 2 – Part-145 approved maintenance personnel who are required to plan, perform, supervise, inspect and certify the maintenance of the aircraft and its fuel system components.
- Employees representing the structure of management, quality, sales, and logistics, indirectly related to maintenance activities, for which there is no obligation to repeat the course regularly every 24 months.
- The course meets the requirements of Part 145 of the Appendix IV AMC (EASA ED 2009/007/R) for FTS Phase 2.
Content of course:
- Theoretical background of fuel tank safety risks
- Major accidents related to fuel tank systems
- SFAR 88 of FAA and INT POL 25/12 of JAA
- Explanation of terms and concepts
- Examples of documentation
- Safety of fuel tanks during maintenance
- Installed flammability reduction systems
- Recording of maintenance actions